By Scott Criner
Eagle High School
Coaching points for drills
- Every drill should simulate a game condition
- When possible, every drill should accomplish multiple results
- Every drill should have a definite purpose and the athlete should know the desired purpose
- Drills should be kept short â€“ form five to ten minutes maximum
- Maximum participation is key
- Maximize the repetitions whenever possible
- Stack the deck to ensure success â€“ Success breedsâ€™ confidence!
- As the coach â€“ determine the level of competitiveness you expect to see within the drill and what speed you want to see the drill performed at. ...